The Podiatry Foundation Board of Trustees
To ensure that accurate financial records are maintained reflecting the current financial condition of the foundation. Has full knowledge and understanding of the foundation’s holdings and assets. maintains custody of checking accounts of the foundation. Ensures that the foundation is financially a good steward of the non-profit status and provides oversight of the foundation’s fiscal integrity. Maintains current knowledge of the bylaws, articles of incorporation, non-profit accounting practices, tax laws and record keeping. Stays knowledgeable about committee management. Oversees all fiscal matters related to the foundation.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains custody of the checking account for the foundation.
- Arranges for the deposit of funds in such depositories as designated by the board of trustees.
- Manages all aspects of the foundation’s bank account and check writing policies.
- Reconciles the monthly accounting records and monitors income and expenditures.
- Ensures that accurate bookkeeping and records on financial status are maintained.
- Closely monitors the foundation’s operations and ensures it is operating within budgetary guidelines.
- Assists in developing long-term financial strategies beneficial to the foundation.
- Prepares a variety of financial reports as requested by the executive director and chairman.
- Oversees the preparation of the annual budget and other necessary financial documents.
- Ensures that the foundation complies with internal and statutory reporting requirements.
- Works collaboratively with the audit firm for the annual review and prepares materials as requested.
- Prepares and presents the annual financial and review report to the board.
- Ensures that the financial reports needed for each board meeting are prepared and submitted in a timely and accurate manner.
- Attends all board meetings and provides the financial report (detailing income, expenditures and asset values) to the board of trustees.
- Oversees and follows through on decisions made by the board of trustees on financial matters.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the The Podiatry Foundation Executive Director, Chairman, or Board of Trustees.
The Treasurer must display a commitment to, and have an understanding of The Podiatry Foundation and its principles, mission, goals, services and the responsibilities of governance and management. A thorough understanding of record keeping, accounting systems, and financial reporting that fit the needs of The Podiatry Foundation are required. Strong communication skills are essential to work with The Podiatry Foundation Executive Director, the Chairman of the Board, the Board of Trustees and outside vendors as necessary. Previous experience serving as an officer of a non-profit board helpful.